top of page
Sparring Expo Rules
1. Boxers must be current members of USA Boxing
Boxers bring proof of USAB membership
Boxers weigh-in at the check-in desk (approximately 2 hours before sparring begins)
2. Coaches make matches based on best practices
3. Dual and round-robin matchups allowed
4. Technical sparring only -- We're working, not fighting -- Technique and tactic focus
5. Sparring equipment required
6. 3 rounds per cycle, per boxer, max
7. Obey the referee at all times
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do boxers have to wear safety equipment?
Yes, boxers must wear protective headgear, wraps, gloves, mouthguard,
and men must wear groin protector.
2. Can boxers wear any clothing they choose?
Yes, uniforms are not required. Shirts & shoes are required.
3. How long are rounds?
Round lengths are decided by the coaches & boxers.
4. Can I host a Boxing Day in my gym?
Boxing Day is an LBC event held once per year on the first Saturday of November.
5. Who matches up the boxers?
Coaches use the boxer's check-in card to make a sparring match in "the pit."
The sparring order is established in the matching pit.
bottom of page