Find a Boxing Day event in a city near you
Saturday, Nov 6, 2021
Sparring Expo Rules
1. Boxers must be current members of USA Boxing
Boxers bring proof of USAB membership
Boxers weigh-in at the check-in desk (approximately 2 hours before sparring begins)
2. Coaches make matches based on best practices
3. Dual and round-robin matchups allowed
4. Technical sparring only -- We're working, not fighting
5. Focus on technique and tactic
6. Sparring equipment required
7. 3 rounds per cycle, per boxer, max
8. Obey the referee at all times
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do boxers have to wear safety equipment?
Yes, boxers must wear protective headgear, wraps, gloves, mouthguard,
and men must wear groin protector.
2. Can boxers wear any clothing they choose?
Yes, boxers can wear any clothing. Shirts & shoes are required.
3. How long are rounds?
Round lengths are decided by the coaches & boxers.
4. Can I host a Boxing Day in my gym?
Boxing Day is an LBC event held once per year on the first Saturday of November.
5. Who matches up the boxers?
Coaches use the boxer's check-in card to make a sparring match in "the pit."
The sparring order is based on whenever the coaches submit the cards for the